WHO ARE WE – A COMMUNITY DEDICATED TO YOUR MENTAL HEALTH & WELLBEING
We are an award-winning and leading creative media hub promoting positive mental health and wellbeing through the creation of both digital and print based media. Mental Movement Magazine is a grass-roots community mental health initiative that enables people who experience mental health issues to overcome barriers, fulfil their potential and participate fully in their community.
OUR MISSION –
Our mission is to support and promote recovery, social inclusion and mental wellbeing through the arts and enhance service user experiences. We wish to provide quality training, media and editorial opportunities and challenge the predominant culture of low expectation surrounding people living with mental illness.
We wish to assist every person currently awaiting therapy or any other mental health services during that vital interim period and help people produce informative, engaging and creative content to keep them focused, inspired but most importantly, connected to a community that completely understands what they are going through.
We aspire to inspire and a key part of our mission is to re-define how Mental Health is dealt with and portrayed. We started that by creating this community, independently publishing our own maga-zine and bagging ourselves a UK Blog Award in the process.
END GOALS –
To become a not-for-profit Social Enterprise promoting positive mental health and wellbeing through creative learning with an integrated counselling service.
- To become a referable service supporting people with mental health in the Kingston Upon Thames area and eventually roll out to surrounding boroughs
- Offer access to creative classes in multimedia, design, content creation, digital, social media, publishing, editorial and copywriting
- Offer open studios and resources for members to assist with creating content for Mental Movement Magazine both online and in print
- Effective individual guidance and support in personalised progression and skills development
- Take on creative volunteers to assist in offering dedicated 1:1 support for members to help create a well supported learning environment
- Goal-setting with achievable objectives to promote success among members
- Offer a personalised service tailored to the individual’s aims and needs
- To facilitate BACP registered one-to-one counselling sessions as well as group and creative therapies
MEET THE FOUNDERS –
Mental Movement Magazine was established in early 2016 by founding members Emma and Stephanie following their year long waits for individual therapies. Having both reached crisis points more than once, they decided to create Mental Movement Magazine in a bid to find like-minded people who were also socially isolated as a result of poor mental health, create a supportive community and offer a safe space online that could be run by multiple contributing editors.
Still dealing with their own mental illness’, Emma and Stephanie aspire to take you with them on their journey to recovery whilst offering a platform as a therapeutic resource to anyone who is in need.
Welcome to #MentalMovement.
Facebook: Mental Movement Magazine